Saturday, October 9, 2010

No Sense, No Sensibility (a Silly Historical Video of the Jane Austen Variety)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yesterday Loretta wrote about the wonderful new annotated edition of Pride and Prejudice. Today we go from the sublime to the...well, not sublime, but funny. Jane Austen and her characters have survived vampire-and-zombie-ization as well as countless spin-offs, both good and atrocious, but we never thought we'd see them in a mash-up with a trailer of the upcoming movie Burlesque. Here we have the voices of Cher, Christina Aguilera, and Stanley Tucci giving a new twist to the classic 1995 Sense and Sensibility.

This clip comes by way of one of our favorite Austen-bloggers, Vic Sanborn at Jane Austen's WorldMany thanks to Vic and the mysteriously named Sopmylo of YouTube for bringing this to our guffawing attention.

5 comments:

Monica Burns said...

I LOVE IT!! Cher doing Jane Austen!! ROFL

Miss Tami Lee said...

I love S&S so much I named my guinea pig Col. Brandon. This video made my day!

librarypat said...

How funny. Amazing how a scene can be so changed by substituting a different dialogue.
Thanks for the morning smile.

librarypat said...

I wish I had found your site sooner. I have not been able to keep up with it the past two weeks and don't have the time to go back and read the older posts.
I read and enjoy both historical fiction and historical romance, and have enjoyed the books you both write.
Keep up the good work in both this blog and your books.

Isabella Bradford/Susan Holloway Scott said...

Not being the most tech-savvy person in the world, I'm just so in awe of the amount of TIME that must have gone into syncing all this together - but I'm very glad the author did. Very funny.

LibraryPat, I'm glad you found us, and thank you, too, for the kind words for our books and blogs!

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket