Tuesday, March 1, 2016

"A Reckless Desire" On Sale Today

Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Isabella reporting,

March is roaring in like a noisy lion, and with it comes a new historical romance from me. A RECKLESS DESIRE is on sale today, everywhere and in every format - ebook, print, and audiobook.

This is the third and final book in my Breconridge Brothers trilogy (the other books are A WICKED PURSUIT and A SINFUL SEDUCTION, which are both still available), but since each one is a stand-alone book, you won't feel lost if you jump in now - although of course I hope you'll want to read all three.

A RECKLESS DESIRE is my take on Pygmalion and My Fair Lady. Set in Georgian England, it's a story of transformation: by dreams, by hard work, and by love. Lucia di Rossi dreams of becoming a great actress and escaping her dreary life as a serving-maid in her family's dance troupe. One night backstage, an expansively drunk Lord Rivers Fitzroy makes a wager with a friend that he can transform any woman – even the mousy Lucia – into the queen of the London stage. When Lucia appears on Rivers' doorstep the following morning, ready to begin her training, he has no memory of either her or the wager, although he is intrigued by Lucia.

But what begins as a drunken bet and an intellectual challenge soon grows into something more - much more. Rivers isn't prepared for Lucia's raw talent or her fierce determination, and Lucia in turn is blindsided by just how attractive her bookish tutor turns out to be. And neither of them expect the fireworks that result when his intellectual reserve meets her impulsive emotions, or that the love and passion that result will change both their lives forever.

I'll be sharing some of the inspiration behind A RECKLESS DESIRE in future blogs - including the answer to that always-asked question "Where do you get your ideas?" - which in the case of this book, actually happened right here in plain sight on this blog.

You can buy A RECKLESS DESIRE, in both paperback and ebook formats, from Amazon here, from Barnes & Noble here, from Books-A-Million here, and Powell's Books here. You can also order both paperback and ebook editions directly from Random House here.

For those of you in the UK, A RECKLESS DESIRE is published by Headline Books/Eternal Romance, who is offering it for sale here. It's also available from your local bookseller, as well as from AmazonUK here.

4 comments:

Karen Anne said...

I would put in links to smile.amazon.com if it were me...

Lillian Marek said...

I'll be making time to read this one. I love theater stories. Would I be mistaken to see hints of Elizabeth Barry and the Earl of Rochester here?

Isabella Bradford/Susan Holloway Scott said...

Karen Anne ~ I've passed your excellent suggestion on to my webmistress to update the Amazon links. :)

Lillian ~ Thank you! I love the Earl of Rochester and his fascination with the Restoration theatre, but I'd wish a better fate for the hero of A RECKLESS DESIRE - though the heroine did have much in common with Elizabeth Barry.

I did write Lord Rochester himself into another book, my fictional biography of Nell Gwyn called THE KING'S FAVORITE. This book is historical fiction, not historical romance (and I wrote it as Susan Holloway Scott), so I could deal with the tragedy of Rochester's short life of excess without worrying about a happy ending - which sadly neither he nor Nell achieved. More about that book here: http://www.isabellabradford.com/susan-holloway-scott/

Get Best Info for Fishing Lodge Southeast Alaska said...

A Reckless Desire is my first book by Isabella Bradford, but won't be my last. Ms Bradford has penned a well written book. Rivers and Lucia's story is loaded with humor, drama and sizzle. I love the characters in A Reckless Desire! They make this story fun to read. A Reckless Desire is book 3 of the Breconridge Brothers Series but can be read as a standalone. This is a complete book, not a cliff-hanger. I enjoyed reading A Reckless Desire and look forward to reading more from Isabella Bradford in the future.

 
Two Nerdy History Girls. Design by Pocket